I think the event was great, and well-received by fans. Given the restrictions they had to deal with because of the virus. I think they came up with a very creative event, with a lot of cool reveals, like; THE BATMAN’s debut trailer, WONDER WOMAN 1984’s trailer & Cheetah reveal, THE SUICIDE SQUAD’s character reveals and 1st look, The Rock’s head’s up on BLACK ADAM, and a SNYDER CUT teaser trailer for Zach Snyder’s 4 hour/4 episode HBO Max 2021 event, Just to name a few….
The panels were short and sweet, and I liked that. The event lasted 8 hours, and I think it ended before it wore out it’s welcome. And while I wasn’t glued to my computer screen the entire eight hours, the panels I skipped, gave me the breaks I needed to make it an enjoyable day. (Even though I did NOT get the SUPERMAN Announcement I was hoping for.)
But enough about me: Here’s how it did worldwide…
• DC FanDome: Hall of Heroes, the first-of-its kind global virtual fan experience, supercharged the worldwide DC fanbase on Saturday, August 22.
• The epic DC FanDome: Hall of Heroes event generated a massive 22 million global views across 220 countries and territories in a mere 24 hours. (The eight-hour show aired three times during the 24-hour period, allowing DC superfans across the world the chance to experience the presentation in their own universe.)
• 150 million views of trailer content launched from the event.
• DC FanDome: Hall of Heroes dominated YouTube and Twitter trends throughout the broadcast and beyond. The eagerly awaited event — and its fan-favorite films, TV series,games, and comics — were top trending topics in 82 markets on YouTube and 53 markets on Twitter.
• The global fan reaction was nothing short of super, with 99% positive social sentiment.
….. BUT THAT”S NOT ALL Y’ALL – THERE’S A SEQUAL!
• DC FanDome: Explore the Multiverse, a 24-hour, on-demand experience accessed via DCFanDome.com, will be unleashed on Saturday, September 12, at 10:00 am PDT, with nearly 100 hours of content available for fans to watch on demand, on their own schedule, for 24 hours.
That will include panels for all THE CW SUPERHERO SHOWS, including new show SUPERMAN & LOIS, and we’ll get to meet the new BATWOMAN.
• DC Kids FanDome also launches on Saturday, September 12, at 10:00 am PDT, with its own kid-friendly companion site at DCKidsFanDome.com, accessible on demand for 24 hours.
So a big thumbs up for DC FANDOME part one, and I’m looking forward to DC FANDOME part two on September 12th…