YOU get another season, and YOU get another season, and YOU get another season… Paramount+ made an Oprah-like announcement today, handing out new 10-episode pickup orders for all it’s Star Trek Universe live-action shows. And revealing the new season premiere dates:
- Star Trek: Discovery has been renewed for a fifth season. Season four of Star Trek: Discovery returns with new episodes on Thursday, Feb. 10.
- Season two of Star Trek: Picard will premiere on Thursday, March 3. Following the premiere, new episodes will drop weekly on Thursdays. Star Trek: Picard is currently in production on a third season.
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds has been renewed for a second season ahead of its season one debut, which will premiere on Thursday, May 5. Following the premiere, new episodes will drop weekly on Thursdays.
In addition to the live action series within the Star Trek Universe on Paramount+, there is more animated Star Trek on the horizon:
- Star Trek: Lower Decks will return summer 2022 with a 10-episode-long third season. Star Trek: Lower Decks has also been renewed for a 10-episode-long fourth season.
- Season one of Star Trek: Prodigy returned on Thursday, Jan. 6 with episode six. The remaining four episodes of season one’s first half will be available to stream weekly on Thursdays, with episode 10 available to stream on Thursday, Feb. 3. The additional 10-episode-long second half of season one will be available on Paramount+ later in 2022.
Executive Producer Alex Kurtzman had this to say…
“Four years ago, we made a promise to grow Star Trek into something it had never been before, and thanks to the incredibly hard work done by our many talented showrunners, writers, and directors, along with the extraordinary support of CBS Studios and Paramount+, we’re keeping our word,” said Kurtzman, architect and executive producer, Star Trek franchise. “Now our current shows are set up for the future as we work to build Trek’s next phase of programming for years to come.”